Step-by-Step Medical Coding 2010
AUTHOR: Buck, Carol J.
PUBLISHER: Elsevier - Health Sciences Division
Also available at Amazon.com
Take your first step toward a successful career in medical coding with comprehensive coverage from the most trusted source in the field! This practical, easy-to-use resource walks you through each step of the medical coding and reimbursement process, providing an in-depth introduction to essential coding concepts followed by practice exercises that reinforce your understanding. The 2010 edition has been expanded and reorganized into four units: Reimbursement; ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM; CPT and HCPCS; and Inpatient Coding. No other text on the market brings together such thorough coverage of all coding systems in one source!
- Carol J. Buck's proven step-by-step approach guides you through difficult concepts in the most direct, straightforward manner to ensure complete understanding.
- In-text exercises throughout each chapter reinforce coding rules and concepts and emphasize the book's step-by-step organization.
- Quick Check features immediately reinforce key concepts and test your retention and understanding.
- Concrete "real-life" coding examples allow you to apply important coding principles and practices to actual scenarios from the field.
- Full-color design ensures easy navigation and presents material in a unique, compelling way.
- Coding Shots provide tips for complicated coding scenarios and advice for entering the job market.
- Stop! notes offer a brief summary of material just covered to help ensure retention and understanding and provide a transition into the next topic.
- Caution! notes warn users of common coding mistakes and reinforce the concept of coding as an exact science.
- Check This Out! boxes offer notes on accessing reference information, primarily via the Internet.
- Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting boxes present the official guidelines alongside text discussions.
- Coder's Index makes it easy to instantly locate specific codes.
- Updated content reflects the latest coding developments so you can practice with the most current information available.
- New organization provides greater detail on key coding systems and makes it even easier to find the coding information you need.
- More than 125 new and enhanced illustrations clarify difficult concepts to ensure the most accurate coding.
- Dual Coding prepares you for the switch from ICD-9 to ICD-10. Beginning in Chapter 7, corresponding codes from each ICD set are presented together for easy reference.
- Toolbox features provide additional cases for analysis and applying knowledge to specific case elements.
- Additional From the Trenches quotes provide valuable, up-to-date insights from instructors and professionals in the medical coding field.
- Practice activities and Coding Guidelines appendices are now available on an expanded Evolve Resources website to ensure fast, easy access and the most up-to-date content.
PUBLICATION DATE: 12/15/2009
CATEGORY: Business & Economics, Medical