Struggle for Democracy | 11th Edition
AUTHOR: Greenberg, Edward S. and Page, Benjamin I.
PUBLISHER: Pearson Education
Also available at Amazon.com
Question how American democracy is developing
The Struggle for Democracy provides students with an understanding of the American political process and with the tools to critically evaluate that process. This text focuses on the role that democracy has played in the American story and asks students how democracy is-or isn't-revealed in our politics and government. It encourages students to examine how deeply connected politics and government are with historical, economic, and social influences. The Struggle for Democracy both strengthens a fundamental aspect of critical thinking and tells a unique story of our country's political development.
This text features full integration with the New MyPoliSciLab. MyPoliSciLab includes a wide array of resources to encourage students to look at American politics like a political scientist and analyze current political issues. Political Explorer lets students play the role of a political scientist by investigating issues through interactive data. Core Concept videos discuss the big ideas in each chapter and apply them to key political issues. Simulations allow students to experience how political leaders make decisions.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program provides a better teaching and learning experience-for you and your students. Here's how:
- Personalize Learning-The New MyPoliSciLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals. MyPoliSciLab is now compatible with BlackBoard!
- Engage Students-The stunning visual design engages students in the text.
- Improve Critical Thinking- Learning objectives in every chapter help students focus on important topics.
- Analyze Current Events-Coverage of the 2012 elections keeps the study of politics relevant and shows how political scientists look at the development of the American political system.
- Support Instructors- A full supplements package including the Class Preparation Tool in the New MyPoliSciLab is available.
PUBLICATION DATE: 12/21/2012
CATEGORY: Political Science