Student Success for Health Professionals Made Incredibly Easy
AUTHOR: Springhouse Publishing Company Staff and Olrech, Nancy
PUBLISHER: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Also available at Amazon.com
This unique guide shows health professions students how to "win at the game of school." Working with content that is fun and easy to learn, you'll gain the skills needed to succeed in your studies and in your career as a health professional.
This book introduces you to four main characters: three students and one health professional. You'll easily identify with the challenges these characters face in trying to manage their time, discover their personal learning styles, make the most of their studying, and prepare for tests. By mimicking their actions, you can overcome any obstacle that stands in your way to success.
Features to Help You Succeed—
- Playing for real scenarios show how chapter content is applied to real-life situations in the classroom and in clinical practice.
- Tips from the pros offer expert advice and proven strategies for overcoming study and test-taking problems.
- Keeping score questions at the end of each chapter challenge you to consider how you will apply the chapter content.
- Winning strategy lists at the beginning of each chapter set forth the objectives you should meet upon completing the chapter.
- The finish line summaries at the end of each chapter highlight the key concepts and skills that you need to master.
- A companion Website on thePoint#65533;, LWW's innovative online learning site, offers a host of extra features, including a student planner, sample resumes, and links to health career sites.
- LiveAdvise Student Success, an online tutoring service, lets students connect with experienced educators for help with studying, doing homework, and preparing for exams.
- The Self-Paced Online Course is offered for free with purchase of the text. This online course walks students through the content of each chapter by utilizing visual and auditory content, as if having the content presented by an instructor. Each online chapter integrates fun learning activities such as flashcards, process/ordering drag and drops, jeopardy, and other activities. The Self-Paced Online Course concludes with a randomized final exam based on all the content in the text. Each exam will generate a certificate that can be either printed or e-mailed to instructors as proof that the students have mastered the student success skills.
PUBLICATION DATE: 10/5/2007
CATEGORY: Education, Medical