Teaching Tech-Savvy Kids
Bringing Digital Media into the Classroom, Grades 5-12
PUBLISHER: Corwin Press
Also available at Amazon.com
Based on the findings of a three-year study on youth and their use of digital media for informal learning, this book gives teachers a deeper awareness of the characteristics of "iGeneration culture" and the dynamic potential for student learning through digital media, such as fostering collaboration, creativity, feedback, and critiques.
Presented in a teacher-friendly format, each of the chapters include:
- A description of each digital medium
- A vignette about a young person using the medium
- Advice about navigating digital media for both novice and expert teachers, plus activities and sidebars
- A section addressing myths related to each medium
- A section on pedagogical implications and practices, including activities
Teaching Tech Savvy Kids provides examples of how to integrate digital media into secondary classrooms, explains how key characteristics of digital media can help to revitalize pedagogical practices, and increases teachers' options for offering more engaged, student-centered learning opportunities.
PUBLICATION DATE: 5/3/2010
CATEGORY: Computers, Education