Teaching with Emotional Intelligence | 2nd Edition
A Step-by-Step Guide for Higher and Further Education Professionals
AUTHOR: Mortiboys, Alan
Also available at Amazon.com
The way teachers shape and handle their own feelings and those of their learners is central to the success of learning. Now in its second edition, Teaching with Emotional Intelligenceshows how to manage this influential yet neglected area of learning and teaching. This practical book looks at how lecturers and teachers can develop and use their emotional intelligence to enhance their teaching and their students' learning.
Taking the reader step-by-step through the learning process and looking at the relationship from the perspective of both the teacher and the learner, this book will help the reader to:
- plan the emotional environment;
- learn how to relate and listen to learners effectively;
- read and respond to the feelings of individuals and groups;
- handle and reveal their feelings as a teacher, as appropriate;
- develop self-awareness as a teacher;
- recognise their prejudices and preferences;
- improve non-verbal communication;
- plan for the physical experience of learners;
- deal with their learners' expectations, comments and questions.
This book contains a number of revised activities, checklists and points for deeper reflection as well as new chapters on teaching with emotional intelligence with international students, in online learning and in working one-to-one with students. It will help all teaching professionals encourage their learners to become more engaged, creative, positive and motivated.
PUBLICATION DATE: 10/4/2011
CATEGORY: Education, Psychology