Telecommunications Wiring | 3rd Edition
AUTHOR: Herrick, Clyde
PUBLISHER: Prentice Hall PTR
Also available at Amazon.com
- The industry's #1 wiring reference, fully updated!
- Reflects the latest National Fire Code (NEC) wiring standards
- Planning, bidding, installation, testing, troubleshooting, documentation, and management
- In-depth coverage of both fiber and twisted-pair
- DSL wiring, power line networking, and more
The industry's #1 wiring reference, fully updated for the latest NEC wiring standards!
The #1 single-source resource for wiring professionals has just been updated to reflect the latest media, wiring schemes, products, and techniques — plus critical new safety and fire requirements from the latest National Fire Code (NEC).Telecommunications Wiring, Third Editionoffers the industry's most coherent, end-to-end approach to designing and implementing cabling systems. It delivers every skill you need, across the entire system lifecycle: planning, selecting media, defining architectures, creating successful RFPs, choosing vendors, installation, testing, documentation, and maintenance. Coverage includes:
- New National Fire Code (NEC) regulations: wiring certification, fire code labeling, environmental concerns, equipment room layouts, grounding, bonding, EMI, and more
- xDSL: Wiring, line connection, servicing, and key terminology
- Up-to-the minute installation and troubleshooting techniques
- Documenting and standardizing cabling systems — including step-by-step telecommunications database design
- Wiring management: tracking, measurement, retrofitting, security, and more
Whether you're a telecom/datacom manager, wiring specialist, technician, consultant, contractor, or instructor, you can depend uponTelecommunications Wiring, Third Edition— today, tomorrow, and for years to come.
PUBLICATION DATE: 12/1/2000
CATEGORY: Technology & Engineering