The Clinician's Guide to Acid/Peptic Disorders and Motility Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract
PUBLISHER: SLACK, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
Acid/peptic disorders and motility disorders of the gastrointestinal tract are among the most common disorders affecting the general population. The Clinician’s Guide to Acid/Peptic and Motility Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract is a practical guide that offers access to the advances made in recent years in acute treatment and maintenance therapy.
Drs. Henry Parkman and Robert Fisher have compiled a unique reference for the management of patients with these gastrointestinal disorders. Comprehensive and user-friendly, the topics covered in the treatment of acid/peptic disorders and motility disorders range from daily medication and on-demand regimens to gastric electrical stimulators. The Clinician’s Guide to Acid/Peptic and Motility Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract will highlight clinical advances made in the care of patients, including a focus on symptoms, causes, evaluation, and treatment.
As part of The Clinician’s Guide to GI Series, this text serves as a concise reference that allows clinicians to quickly access and evaluate the necessary information for treating and managing patients with acid/peptic and motility disorders.
* Discussions of management of common acid-related GI problems, such as heartburn from GERD and abdominal pain from ulcer disease.
* Management of and new treatments for patients with classic motility disorders, such as achalasia and gastroparesis.
* Insight into the management of patients with functional GI disorders, such as functional dyspepsia and irritable bowel syndrome.
* A focus on the new promotility compounds and agents to treat irritable bowel syndrome, whether it be associated with predominant diarrhea or predominant constipation.
* The relationship of the bacterial population of the gastrointestinal tract to acid/peptic and motility disorders.
Including images, tables, and algorithms, The Clinician’s Guide to Acid/Peptic and Motility Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract is the ideal reference for internists, gastroenterologists, surgeons, and oncologists looking to keep pace with the latest treatment options available today.
The Clinician’s Guide to GI Series
This exciting series of books is created specifically for those professionals who manage patients with gastrointestinal problems. Some additional topics include IBD, liver disease, and gastrointestinal oncology. Comprehensive, concise, and user-friendly, these books are written in a uniform format and include images, tables, and algorithms.
PUBLICATION DATE: 5/1/2006