The Codes Guidebook for Interiors | 4th Edition
AUTHOR: Harmon, Sharon Koomen and Kennon, Katherine E.
PUBLISHER: John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
Few guidebooks offer such a comprehensive guide to building codes and interior projects as The Codes Guidebook for Interiors, Fourth Edition. Its wealth of information and easy-to-search format saves research time and effort for any architect or designer, whether you are planning to design a new building or renovate an existing one.
The only guide devoted exclusively to codes applicable to interiors, this award-winning resource provides jargon-free explanations of all the major codes, standards, and federal regulations pertaining to the construction, alteration, and maintenance of commercial and residential interiors of all sizes. The easy-to-navigate format allows you to quickly find specific code topics and their relevance at each stage in the design process. You will find important code information on everything from occupancy classifications and fire protection systems to plumbing requirements and finish/furniture selection. Dozens of examples and an enhanced set of illustrations, including sample floor plans, show clearly how codes apply to actual interior projects.
Revised, updated, and expanded to account for the many recent code changes, the Fourth Edition of this hailed resource provides:
- The latest coverage of the 2006 ICC codes, including the International Building Code.
- Comprehensive explanations of the NFPA codes and standards, including the 2006 Life Safety Code and the 2005 National Electrical Code.
- Introduction to new code concepts based on new and upcoming codes and standards, such as sustainability issues, energy-related issues, and emergency egress.
- Detailed coverage of all related accessibility issues based on the ADA Accessibility Guidelines and the most current ICC/ANSI A117.1 accessibility standard.
- Up-to-date information on working with code officials and documenting projects.
- The newest code tables, design examples, diagrams, and project checklists.
- A thorough review for interior designers and architects taking the NCIDQ and ARE exams.
The Codes Guidebook for Interiors, Fourth Edition is an essential reference for architects, interior designers, and engineers, as well as facilities managers, construction managers, and developers.
PUBLICATION DATE: 4/18/2008
CATEGORY: Architecture, Law