The Instructional Leadership Toolbox | 2nd Edition
A Handbook for Improving Practice
AUTHOR: Gupton, Sandra Lee
PUBLISHER: Corwin Press
Also available at Amazon.com
Every headteacher needs a toolbox of strategies for improving teaching and learning schoolwide. In this second edition of The Instructional Leadership Toolbox, Sandra Lee Gupton examines the role of headteachers in leading instruction and provides practical ways for leaders to reflect on and improve their practice.
Emphasizing a democratic approach that involves stakeholders in instructional leadership, this resource offers a compendium of helpful skills and strategies drawn from current research and theory in school administration. The book provides:
- Updated standards from NAESP and ISLLC
- New research that shows how a headteacher's actions can affect student achievement
- Questions for reflective practice
- Quotes and examples of instructional leadership strategies by practicing headteachers and veteran educators
- Additional resources such as Web sites, workbooks, books, and articles
This valuable guide provides a blueprint that demonstrates how school leaders can focus on student learning, while using specific tools to empower others and build teams for a common goal: increased student achievement.
PUBLICATION DATE: 11/18/2009