The JIRO Technology Programmer's Guide and Federated Management Architecture
AUTHOR: Connor, William
PUBLISHER: Addison Wesley Professional
Also available at Amazon.com
This programmer's guide is the authoritative reference to Sun Microsystems' revolutionary Jiro(tm) technology that is bringing higher levels of interoperability and adaptability to network and storage management applications. Complete with the formal specification of the Federated Management Architecture (FMA), this comprehensive resource provides immediate solutions for managing distributed environments while reducing costs and increasing efficiencies.
Authored by Jiro experts (including the specification's lead architect at Sun), The Jiro(tm) Technology Programmer's Guide and Federated Management Architecture documents every facet of the specification with complete authority. Coverage spans from managing solution architectures (including the FMA) and storage networks to network programming and working with Jini . Complete with detailed instructions, this comprehensive sourcebook provides the tools, tips, and techniques needed to immediately simplify the process of building enterprise management applications.
The key components of Jiro technology are explained, including:
- How Jiro is used in a complex management domain
- Network programming with Jiro
- An overview of Jini technology detailing which components are required knowledge for programming with the Jiro technology
- Internationalization and localization issues with Jiro
- Jiro static services, which include the Log Service, Scheduling Service, Event Service, and Transaction Service
- How to construct FederatedBeans(tm) for deployment into a dynamic resource management environment
- Patterns and information for building complex dynamic services
All the detailed examples from the book are available at the Jiro technology Web site: http://www.jiro.com.
PUBLICATION DATE: 6/4/2001