The Netscape LiveWire Sourcebook
Create and Manage a Java Based Web Site
AUTHOR: Ted Coombs and Jason Coombs
PUBLISHER: John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
The Netscape LiveWire Sourcebook is a hands-on guide to efficiently creating and managing interactive multimedia content on your Web site or company intranet. This book will teach you the features and capabilities of the complete set of Netscape Web development tools and technologies, including:
- The Navigator Gold HTML editor.
- LiveWire Site Manager.
- LiveWire Pro Database Connectivity package.
- LiveWire Object Framework.
- Navigator Inline Plug-ins and Plug-in development kits.
You'll learn how to customize these tools for your own site and, further, how to use different tools together to fully maximize their potential.
The Netscape LiveWire Sourcebook will show you how to:
- Design dynamic Web pages supporting Java and multimedia technologies.
- Graphically monitor and manage pages, files, and links on your Web site.
- Link your Web applications to databases either on your Web server or elsewhere on your network.
- Create Java applets to support high-performance interactive Web applications.
- Employ and create Netscape Plug-ins to customize your site for users.
The Netscape LiveWire Sourcebook is the complete and definitive resource for Webmasters and Web developers who want to prepare their Web and intranet sites for the next era of the Internet.
PUBLICATION DATE: 7/2/1996