The Next Step, Advanced Medical Coding 2010 Edition | 1st Edition
AUTHOR: Buck, Carol J.
PUBLISHER: Elsevier - Health Sciences Division
Also available at Amazon.com
Learning advanced medical coding concepts is easy with Carol J. Buck's time-tested step-by-step method! Building on what you learned in Step-by-Step Medical Coding, this case-based text simulates the professional coding experience and provides an in-depth understanding of physician-based medical coding and services such as medical visits, diagnostic testing and interpretation, treatments, surgeries, and anesthesia. Patient cases throughout reflect actual medical records with personal details changed or removed, giving you real-world experience coding from physical documentation with advanced material. Enhance your clinical decision-making skills and learn to confidently pull the right information from documents, select the right codes, determine the correct sequencing of those codes, and more!
- Full-color design and illustrations make advanced concepts more accessible and visually engaging.
- Actual patient cases familiarize you with real-world situations you'll encounter in practice.
- UNIQUE! Evaluation and Management (E/M) Audit Forms, developed to determine the correct E/M codes, provide a visual representation of the coding process as you build your E/M skills by abstracting history, examination, medical decision-making levels.
- From the Trenches boxes in each chapter highlight real-life medical coders and provide practical advice and motivation.
- Includes both 1995 and 1997 CMS guidelines for documentation of Evaluation and Management services for Medicare and Medicaid patients, giving you the flexibility of choosing the set of guidelines with which to assign E/M codes.
- Evolve Learning Resource site provides convenient opportunities for further review through content updates, tips, and additional resources.
- Updated content reflects the latest developments in coding so you can learn and practice with the most current information available.
- Dual Coding prepares you for the switch from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM, presenting corresponding codes from each ICD-CM set together for easy reference.
PUBLICATION DATE: 12/15/2009