The Public Relations Handbook | 4th Edition
AUTHOR: Theaker, Alison
Also available at Amazon.com
The Public Relations Handbookis a comprehensive and detailed introduction to the theories and practices of the public relations industry. It traces the history and development of public relations, explores ethical issues which affect the industry, examines its relationship with politics, lobbying organizations and journalism, assesses its professionalism and regulation and advises on training and entry into the profession.
The Public Relations Handbookcombines theoretical and organizational frameworks for studying public relations with examples of how the industry works in practice. It draws on a range of promotional strategies and campaigns from businesses, public and non-profit organizations including the AA, Airbus, BT, Northamptonshire County Council, Cuprinol and Action for Children.
The Fourth Edition includes:
- case studies, examples and illustrations from a range of campaigns from small and multinational corporations, local government and charities;
- a companion website with new international case studies updated quarterly;
- specialist chapters on financial public relations, internal communications and marketing public relations;
- strategic overviews of corporate identity, globalisation and evaluation;
- a thorough examination of ethics and professionalism;
- more than fifty illustrations from recent PR campaigns;
- a completely revised chapter on corporate social responsibility
- a new chapter on risk, issues and crisis management.
PUBLICATION DATE: 9/16/2011
CATEGORY: Business & Economics