The Really Useful Ict Book
A Practical Guide to Using Technology Across the Primary Curriculum
AUTHOR: Peacock, Graham and Jesson, Jill
Also available at Amazon.com
The Really Useful ICT Book is a practical and easy-to-use guide to give you all the confidence you need to use ICT really effectively inside and outside the primary classroom. It makes clear how ICT can be taught as a standalone subject, and how it can be used easily and imaginatively to enhance teaching other subjects.
Jam-packed with ideas and templates to save you time, this friendly handbook offers an introduction to:
- using ICT inside the classroom including interactive whiteboards, computer suites, VLEs and e-safety
- using ICT outside the classroom including word processors, laptops, data loggers and digital cameras
- when and how to use a wide range of software and hardware from spreadsheet packages through to digital photography, e-portfolios and software simulation
- using ICT in all subject areas
- practical suggestions for using ICT in cross-curricular topics
- using ICT to develop teacher and pupil creativity
- using ICT for assessment and in your professional role.
With an emphasis on developing children s creativity and on progression from Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 2, The Really Useful ICT Book is a comprehensive compendium of advice and inspiration for all training, newly qualified and experienced teachers, as well as those in support roles in primary schools."
PUBLICATION DATE: 8/25/2011
CATEGORY: Computers, Education