The SAP R/3 Guide to EDI and Interfaces
Cut Your Implementation Cost with Idocs, ALE, and SapScript
AUTHOR: Angeli, Axel and Gonfalonieri, Robi
PUBLISHER: Vieweg Verlag, Friedr, & Sohn Verlagsgesellschaft mbH
Also available at Amazon.com
* EDI projects with R/3 would often cost five to ten times as much as necessary
* IDocs and ALE are the ideal bridge between R/3 and legacy systems
* IDocs are the framework for a fully automated business workflow
In the technical part of the book you will learn, how to
* customise the R/3 IDoc engine
* interface IDocs with standard converters for X.12, EDIFACT, VDA etc.
* design your own IDoc structures
* write IDoc handler programs in an hour
* trigger IDocs from any R/3 application via messages or workflow
* set up automated workflow based on IDocs
* set up ALE scenarios for automated data replications
This book is for whole R/3 teams to teach a common knowledge when it comes to interface design.
* R/3 project managers to learn about the benefits of IDocs and ALE
* R/3 steering committees to estimate the true costs of EDI and interface development
* R/3 developers to learn how interface can be designed "in the minute"
* R/3 coaches to use as teaching and presentation material for interface designs
SAP R/3 made an old dream come true: enter your business data once
in your computer and trigger all the following activities
automatically, send the data to another computer without typing
them in again.
PUBLICATION DATE: 4/1/2000