The Supply Management Handbook | 7th Edition
AUTHOR: Cavinato, Joseph L. and Flynn, Anna E.
PUBLISHER: McGraw-Hill Companies, The
Also available at Amazon.com
Turn to the collective wisdom of the field's top experts to understand and solve even the most complex supply management issue
For more than three decades, The Supply Management Handbook (formerly The Purchasing Handbook) has been vital for purchasing and supply professionals in every field and industry. This latest edition comprehensively updates and revises this classic to encompass the ongoing shift from simple purchasing to a new, more technology-based imperative--identifying and managing supply chain sources and strategies.
Addressing every essential issue from outsourcing to total cost of ownership to negotiations and contract management, an international team of supply management experts offers the authoritative, practical coverage you need to survive and thrive in today's ever-changing supply management environment. Topics include:
- What key organizations are doing now to develop and implement next-generation supply methodologies
- An organization's duty to and interaction with society, and insights for addressing the evolving concept of social responsibility in the supply arena
- A five-step best practices framework for implementing total cost of ownership in supply management
- Logistics considerations for the supply management professional
- Supply management in a risk-sensitive environment
- Sharpening your supply management skills
Dramatic social and technological changes have brought new roles, responsibilities, and challenges to supply managers - along with exciting new opportunities. This definitive reference is the most trusted and efficient way to prosper in this ever-changing field.
PUBLICATION DATE: 7/4/2006
CATEGORY: Business & Economics