Think Social Problems | 2nd Edition
AUTHOR: Carl, John D.
PUBLISHER: Prentice Hall PTR
Also available at Amazon.com
THINK Currency. THINK Relevancy. THINK Social Problems.
THINK Social Problems is informed with the latest research and the most contemporary examples, allowing you to bring current events directly into your classroom with little additional work.
An engaging visual design developed with extensive student feedback and 12-15 page chapters makes THINK Social Problems the textbook your students will actually read. This student-friendly text delivers the core concepts of Social Problems in a way they can easily understand.
The 2nd edition includes three new chapters: "Economy and Work," "Politics," and "Sex and Social Problems Related to Sexuality."
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience-for you and your students. Here's how:
- Personalize Learning -- MySearchLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking -- Chapter organization follows a 3-step process that presents the topic, considers the social problems, and urges students to uncover solutions.
- Engage Students -- TheThinkSpot provides open-access to chapter-by-chapter quizzes, study cards, flashcards, and a professor-written sociology blog.
- Explore Theory -- Three main sociological paradigms are discussed visually through a theory infographic in every chapter.
- Understand Diversity -- Global comparisons are found in every chapter within a designated feature box.
- Support Instructors - Written activities and assessment in MySearchLab offer instructors supplemental materials to help their students succeed.
Note: MySearchLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySearchLab, please visit:
www.mysearchlab.com or you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MySearchLab (at no additional cost).
PUBLICATION DATE: 2/26/2012
CATEGORY: Social Science