More Than 100 Simple Ways to Reach, Teach, and Achieve More Than You Ever Imagined
AUTHOR: Paterson, Kathy
PUBLISHER: Stenhouse Publishers
Also available at Amazon.com
3-Minute Motivators will show you how to turn unmotivated, unfocused students into eager classroom participants and learners. This practical handbook includes more than 100 simple ideas that will refocus a group, release excess energy, or start off class with a bang.
Organized around common classroom challenges, 3-Minute Motivators offers a wide variety of ready-to-use activities that turn potential problems into opportunities, and get students out of a rut and into a more productive mode:
- Calm Down--relaxing activities that let imaginations soar, including Collecting Clouds and the Silent Scream
- Get Moving--lively motivators, from the Big Yawn to Number Shakes
- Act, Don't Speak--silent but fun, from Balancing Act to As the Circle Turns
- Words and Movement--activities that mix talk with action, including Explosion, Mad Milling, and Kodak Moments
- Single Words and Sounds--the simplest communication, from Interactive Words to Chant-along
- Conversation--getting motivated one-on-one, from Song Speak and Slow-Mo to Think Talk
- Brainstorm--working together to let the ideas fly, from Word Tennis to Break-up
- Paper and pencil activities that range from Letter Scrambles and 4-word Lottos to Written Rumors and Shared-pen Stories.
This book is an ideal resource for both new and experienced teachers, promoting inherently playful activities that involve competition, cooperation, and opportunities to focus on real learning.
PUBLICATION DATE: 1/1/2007