Towards an Integrated Approach
PUBLISHER: John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
performance at all stages of their lifecycle from design, through manufacture, usage, and finally, disposal.
Viewing the total picture of lubrication and wear offer tremendous opportunities such as reducing the loss of energy due to excessive friction and wear, reducing the overall use of lubricants, extending the useful life of
equipment and components, reducing costly down-time of equipment and machinery.
Highly respected experts have written specially commissioned chapters to explore and explain the elements of tribology which complement the Total Tribology approach, representing the latest thoughts on tackling wear and lubrication problems.
- The possible impact of tribology on future machine design
- Materials in tribology - opportunities and challenges
- Trends in lubrication
- Use of solid lubricants
- The role of tribology in manufacturing processes
- Porous ceramic water hydrostatic bearings
- Design of abrasive machining processes
- On the lubrication of power plants
- Tribology in aerospace
- Friction prediction and cold starting of diesel engines.
PUBLICATION DATE: 1/27/2003
CATEGORY: Technology & Engineering