Understanding American Politics and Government | 3rd Edition
AUTHOR: Coleman, John J. and Goldstein, Kenneth M.
PUBLISHER: Pearson Education
Also available at Amazon.com
ALERT:nbsp;Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that younbsp;select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson''s MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition,nbsp;you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson''s MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson''s MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Solve real-world puzzles like a political scientist
Understanding American Politics and Government, 2012 Election Edition introduces students to the basic tools used by political scientists.nbsp; It guides students through the fundamentals of government and helps them see why events really happen in politics. Consistently showing the difference between "causation" and "correlation," this text presents American government as a field full of interesting questions and puzzles that all citizens must explore.nbsp; The book draws heavily on real-world politics to help students think more critically about their political beliefs and actions.
This text features full integration with the New MyPoliSciLab.nbsp; MyPoliSciLab includes a wide array of resources to encourage students to look at American politics like a political scientist and analyze current political issues.nbsp; Political Explorer lets students play the role of a political scientist by investigating issues through interactive data.nbsp; Core Concept videos discuss the big ideas in each chapter and apply them to key political issues. Simulations allow students to experience how politicalnbsp;leaders make decisions.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program provides a better teaching and learning experience-for you and your students. Here''s how:
- Personalize Learning-The New MyPoliSciLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals. MyPoliSciLab is now compatible with BlackBoard!
- Engage Students-The stunning visual design engages students in the text.nbsp;nbsp;
- Improve Critical Thinking- Learning objectives in every chapter help students focus on important topics.
- Analyze Current Events-Coverage of the 2012 elections keeps the study of politics relevant and shows how political scientists look at the development of the American political system.
- Support Instructors- A full supplements package including the Class Preparation Tool in the Newnbsp;MyPoliSciLab is available.
Package consists of:nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;
0205875203 / 9780205875207 Understanding American Politics and Government, 2012 Election Edition
0205949975 / 9780205949977 NEW MyPoliSciLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card
PUBLICATION DATE: 12/21/2012
CATEGORY: Political Science