Understanding Terrorism | 4th Edition
Challenges, Perspectives, and Issues
AUTHOR: Martin, Gus
PUBLISHER: SAGE Publications, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
Understanding Terrorism, Fourth Edition, offers a multidisciplinary, comprehensive exploration of contemporary terrorism that helps readers develop the knowledge and skills they need to critically assess terrorism in general and terrorist incidents in particular. The Fourth Edition of this best-selling book presents new, updated theories, cases, and incidents as well as new photographs, updated tables, and enhanced graphics. An entirely new chapter is devoted to homeland security in the United States and Europe.
- Opening Viewpoints at the beginning of each chapter present relevant examples of theories and themes that will be discussed in the following chapter - grabbing readers' attention and drawing them into the material that follows.
- Current case material helps students grasp the real-world necessity for understanding terrorism by featuring the most up-to-date case studies on recent terrorist environments such as the threat from home-grown jihadists in the West and the narco-terrorist events in Mexico.
- Discussion Boxes that conclude each chapter highlight controversial issues and pose challenging questions which stimulate critical thinking and debate.
- Comprehensive Tables throughout further enhance the reader's understanding.
- A Strong support package (more expansive than any other competitive title) helps to maximize the teaching and learning experience.
PUBLICATION DATE: 1/17/2012
CATEGORY: Political Science