What a World Listening 2 | 2nd Edition
AUTHOR: Broukal, Milada
PUBLISHER: Pearson Education
Also available at Amazon.com
What a World: Amazing Stories from Around the Globe, is a six-book series that explores many fascinating topics from around the world and across history. The stories in What a World cover a diverse range of high-interest topics, from biographical pieces to exploration of cultures in various historical and contemporary periods.
- Words that Go Together activities highlight collocations -- words that are easier to learn together.
- Talking Notes activities challenge students to listen for main ideas and details in a short description of a person. place, or thing.
- Short Conversations ask students to infer tone, attitude, or the context of the speakers' conversation.
- Critical Thinking questions develop students' thiniking skills.
- Language Focus activities draw on a grammatical structure from the listening and help students develop accuracy in speaking and writing.
- Pronunciation and Conversation activities help guide students to more accurate and conversational speech.
- Internet activities build students' Internet research skills.
- Self-Tests help students and teachers assess progress.
- What a World Reading -- a 3-level complementary series -- explores parallel themes to What a World Listening as it develops students' reading skills and vocabulary.
PUBLICATION DATE: 1/12/2011