Wiley IFRS | 3rd Edition
Practical Implementation Guide and Workbook
AUTHOR: Mirza, Abbas A. and Holt, Graham
PUBLISHER: John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
-- Explanations of IFRS#65533; and IFRIC interpretations
-- Practical insights into implementation issues
-- Worked-out illustrations and examples
-- Case studies with solutions
-- Multiple-choice questions with answers
-- Extracts from published financial statements
A one-stop resource for understanding and applying current International Financial Reporting Standards
As the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) makes rapid progress towards widespread acceptance and use of IFRS#65533; (formerly named International Accounting Standards) worldwide, the need to understand these new standards increases. Now fully revised and updated, IFRS#65533; Practical Implementation Guide and Workbook, Third Edition is the straightforward handbook for understanding and adapting the IFRS#65533; standards.
This quick reference guide includes easy-to-understand IAS/IFRS#65533;outlines, explanations, and practical insights that greatly facilitate understanding of the practical implementation issues involved in applying these complex standards.
Clearly explaining the IASB standards so that even first-time adopters of IFRS#65533; will understand the complicated requirements, the Third Edition presents:
- Ten recently issued and revised IFRS#65533; standards including business combinations, financial instruments and newly issued IFRS#65533; for SMEs
- New International Financial Reporting Interpretations Committee (IFRIC) projects
- Multiple-choice questions with solutions and explanations to ensure thorough understanding of the complex IFRS#65533;/IAS standards
- Case studies or "problems" with solutions illustrating the practical application of IFRS#65533;/IAS
- Excerpts from published financial statements around the world
Designed with the needs of the user in mind, IFRS#65533; Practical Implementation Guide and Workbook, Third Edition is an essential desktop reference for accountants and finance professionals, as well as a thorough review guide for the IFRS#65533;/IAS certification exam.
PUBLICATION DATE: 4/5/2011
CATEGORY: Business & Economics