Workbook for Health Insurance Today | 3rd Edition
AUTHOR: Beik, Janet I.
PUBLISHER: Elsevier - Health Sciences Division
Also available at Amazon.com
Practice the skills you'll need to succeed in health insurance billing! Corresponding to the chapters in Health Insurance Today, 3rd Edition, by Janet I. Beik, this workbook offers preparation for the tasks you'll encounter on the job. Practical assignments reinforce the information in the textbook, and learning activities and exercises ask you to apply your knowledge to real-world situations.
- Defining Chapter Terms ask you to define the key terms in each chapter.
- Chapter assessments test your knowledge of textbook content with multiple choice, true/false, short answer, and fill-in-the-blank questions.
- More than 60 case studies ask you to solve a real-world problem related to health insurance, such as completing a CMS-1500 claim form or explaining how HIPAA could affect someone recently out of work.
- Critical Thinking activities strengthen your ability to apply health insurance concepts to a variety of challenging situations.
- Group problem solving activities emphasize the importance of teamwork in the health care field.
- Internet Exploration exercises in each chapter introduce valuable health insurance resources available online.
- Performance objectives include hands-on, application-based learning activities with practice in areas such as completing claim forms, posting payments to a patient's ledger, filling out "Release to Return to Work" forms, and filling out Medicare appeals.
- Application exercises ask you to apply your knowledge and skills to real-world situations.
- Additional coding exercises offer more practice with coding from the ICD-9-CM and CPT manuals.
- Self-evaluations include a checklist of what you should have completed for each chapter.
- Performance evaluations in each chapter track your progress and your overall performance in the course.
- Updated Conquering Medicare's Challenges chapter reflects the latest changes to Medicare.
- Coverage of the Electronic Health Record has been added to The Role of Computers in Health Insurance chapter.
- ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS content has been expanded to address medical coding's transition from ICD-9.
- Information on the latest standards for HIPAA Transaction 5010 is included.
- On the companion Evolve website:
- Medisoft version 16 exercises let you apply skills using standard medical office software (Medisoft sold separately).
- Electronic forms make it easy to complete workbook exercises on the computer and turn in clean claim forms to your instructor.
- Guided Completion software gives direction and corrects your work as you complete a CMS-1500 form block-by-block.
PUBLICATION DATE: 9/16/2010
CATEGORY: Business & Economics